Dr. Tony Kim is a highly trained general dentist who has focused his studies to tackle complex cases. He is focused on delivering superior dental care while not forgetting that patients want to be comfortable and feel relaxed. A primary focus is the holistic relationship between the health of the mouth and the entire body. Dr. Kim has trained with some of the top dental practitioners in the world and is excited to be working with his mentor Dr. Wynn Okuda who is a world famous cosmetic dentist known for his innovative and accelerated advanced treatments.
Dr. Kim is a board member of the Kaimuki Business & Professional Association and enjoys helping the local community. He also attends Kaimuki Christian Church and faith is of the utmost importance in his family’s life.
He received his Bachelors of Science in Biology at the University of California, Irvine and then received his DDS from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Since then, he has finished many other advanced courses and continues to stay on top of the latest advances in dentistry.
Some of Dr. Kim’s advanced training and accomplishments include:
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Associate Fellow World Clinical Laser Institute
- Graduate from the Esthetic Professionals Comprehensive Esthetic and Restorative Residency
- Graduate from OBI Occlusion residency level 3
- Graduate from the Implant Seminars Mini-residency
- Graduate from the Loma Linda Maxicourse dental implant residency
- Graduate from the United States Dental Institute orthodontic residency
- Certified for use for the Periolase MVP laser for treatment of periodontal disease
- Certified for safe mercury removal (IAOMT protocol)
- Certified for Invisalign orthodontic treatment
- Trained with use for pharyngometer and rhinometer for obstructive sleep apnea screening
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Member of the International Association of Mercury Safe Dentists
- Member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Member of the Hawaii Dental Association
He has taken many courses and attended many conferences which cover the relationship between oral and whole body health. Being a biological dentist Dr. Kim and his family do their best to live a healthy holistic lifestyle by eating well and staying active. He and his family enjoy good food, hiking, the beach, Disneyland, and hanging out with friends.